Thursday, April 26, 2012

Surgery + 1 year old= No Fun

Yesterday we had to be at the hospital at 6am. When Levi was born he had a problem and couldn't have his circumcision  done. The doctor thought it would probably correct itself on its on but wanted to make sure it didn't get worse. We didn't want 2 surgeries. So they decided to let him wait until he was a bit older. At the time I understood the reasoning but a year and having this done was no fun. He done so good though. He couldn't eat anything from Midnight the night before until after surgery. He got up and was so happy. He played with all the nurses. He was the hit of the day. There were two other kids back there in pre op. They screamed the whole time. So I was glad he was happy. I was about in tears when the nurse took him and walked away to the OR. We were told a hour at most probably less. It usually goes fast with kids. A hour and 20 minutes later I was freaking out. Everyone that went back after him was out. The doctor finally came and said it was a little worse than they thought. They thought everything was good now. I tell you what when I walked back there to post op and saw him. It was all I could do not to fall apart. The nurse was holding him and he was out. He looked so sweet and pitiful all at the same time. The nurses were saying they almost didn't call me back there because he was so sweet. They just wanted to sit and hold him. He is definitely my most loving baby! Yesterday he slept most of the day but when he woke up he was hurting really bad! he woke up this morning normal Levi. Playing laughing crawling walking a little. The worst part is no baths until Monday. He is going to be funky smelling until then. Sponge baths just don't cut it for a one year old boy. Bradley took him outside today and sit him in the grass. He had dirt from head to toe to mouth. Oh well we will live I guess.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. We have two ball games this weekend. So its gonna be another busy one!


 He thought Buzz was hilarious!
 Mamie trying to keep him from jumping out of the bed.
 I can not believe how big he is! He looks huge in this picture!
 After surgery!
She just took his IV out! Poor baby!
This was in the waiting room pre surgery reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment