Saturday, March 5, 2011

Recap of my week!!

Well last Friday I went into the doctor for my check up for the second time that week. My blood pressure was 150 something over 100 I think. The doctor came in and said she wanted to send me over to the hospital so they could watch me for a few hours. Well my blood pressure didn't go down. Actually it got a little higher. Mom and I sat there from like 10:30 until my doctor came in at about 2. I knew what she was thinking when she asked where my husband worked. Her next question was how soon can he be here. So for the next hour and a half we sat and waited on Bradley to get there. As soon he got in the room they took us back.

Everything went pretty good except for the epidural. It took them about 30 or 40 minutes. I don't know how many time she stuck me but I know I was really bruised. She had to call another doctor in to actually get it in. They took me back at 3:30 and Levi was born at 4:40pm. I can not tell you how much he looks like Lucas. I mean it is almost unreal. I think he was the prettiest too!! He was defiantly the biggest. Lucas was 6lb 5oz and Logan was 6lb 10oz. So for Levi to be 7lb 9 oz and still be almost 3 weeks early he was a big baby for me. Everything went pretty good. My blood pressure was good. the sent me home at about 7pm Sunday night. Monday was pretty good. Bradley was home from work. Logan of course was still at Papaw's but Lucas was here.
I woke up at about 4am to feed the baby and I had the worst headache I have ever had. All day Tuesday my head hurt like I can not even tell you. I laid in bed or on the couch all day. Not sleeping just laying with my eyes closed. I took Tylenol prescription ibuprofen and percocet nothing helped. Bradley was still home Tuesday also. Lucas was at school. So thankfully it was quiet.

Well Tuesday night I had to get up with the baby all night because Bradley was going to work Wednesday. I woke up at 1am to feed him and my head was still hurting. It honestly scared me so bad I woke up Bradley because I was scared. I can not even tell you how I felt. I was thinking it was my blood pressure. I thought maybe I was going to have a stroke or a seizure. I went back to sleep finally. When I woke I felt the same. So I called my doctor they wanted me to come in of course to check my bp. LeAnne came got me and took me. My blood pressure was 168/108. So they sent me back to the hospital. The nurse was asking me questions and somehow thought to ask me if they had a hard time with my epidural. Of course I told her yes. They put me on Magnesium for 24 hours. Which is awful I just have to tell you. I had to pee in the potty chair by my bed. (which Bradley loved..lol) So Thursday finally they sent another doctor in to talk to me about a spinal blood patch. Apparently because I had been stuck so many times I had spinal fluid leaking. They say it is the worst headache you can have and I believe them. It was horrible! So they took me down did the procedure. My head started immediately feeling better but my blood pressure was still extremely high. I think the highest I saw it was 192/118. Thursday night they gave some blood pressure medicine,Demerol, and percocet. To say the least I slept really good. So they finally let me go home Friday about 12:30. I was so ready. It was horrible to be away from my kids that long. Especially leaving my 5 day old baby at home. I can't tell you how much I cried. I know I have some major hormones going on too.

So today I am feeling much better. It is the first time we have all been home together. It is nice and rainy outside. A good day to just sit around and relax. Levi is sleeping good. He likes to stay awake from about 11pm-1am. He doesn't cry he is just wide awake. So far he has been a really good baby and I hope he stays that way.

On another note Bradley and I are so ready to go some where and do something. I was on bed rest for 2 weeks and then in the hospital pretty much for a week. We are about to go stir crazy! hopefully by next week we will be able to go again like normal. I know that was a really long post but that was my week in review. I know way too much excitement. Next week will be full of doctors appointments! Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are scaring me! Just kidding. I hate you had to through that. Levi is so cute, I'm sure you are loving being back home with him.

    ReplyDelete