Saturday, March 13, 2010

Balloons for Layla Grace!


The one that had the card!!


There they go!

Wilkins and Brandy ready to release the balloons!


Lucas and Logan ready to let go!



The self timer on the camera actually worked.
Lucas just wasn't looking! But I made it in the picture!!




The kids with the balloons!!




Well today was a dreary day here. Cloudy and Windy! Brandy and I decided to go to the park with the kids and let balloons go in honor of Layla Grace. There was supposed to be people everywhere let balloons go at 4pm when her celebration of life was to start. So we met at the park despite the chilly conditions. I have to tell you this little girls story was pitiful. The first time I heard about it I went to the blog and I read the whole story. I sat and cried and cried. I can not even imagine what they must feel like right now. I don't know if I could even pick myself up out of bed. So I went to let the balloons go not only to remember Layla but to kind of initiate a new way of thinking about my life and the two little healthy blessings the god lord has given me. They are a hand full and require constant attention. I have to tell you that a lot of times I have thought of tending to the kids as a job. And it does require work but I want to look at it in a different way. I feel so blessed and thankful for everything I have my kids and Bradley are the most important things on this earth to me. I am forever Thankful for them. They are all healthy and happy and a bonus they are totally cute..It kind of makes me worry if I could get as lucky if I decided to have a number 3. I mean chances are it ain't going to turn out so good. Why push my luck right!!












Anyway Lucas is totally confused about Layla Grace. I told him we were going to let balloons go at the park. And he said "let them go? Why would we do that?" I said we were doing it to remember Layla a little girl that passed a way due to cancer. he said "who killed her" I said "No one killed her that she was just really sick and she died and went up to heaven" He said "why are we letting balloons go " I told him "heaven is up in the sky so maybe she could see them" He got a smile as if he finally understood he said "oh so she's up there with Zeke our dog right" (Zeke our dog Bradley had for 13 years died last year and honestly didn't even know if he remembered him)






So I said "yes probably" He then said "Do you think Zeke will see the balloons too" I said "hopefully" Kids ask so questions that I really don't know how to answer sometimes and when I do. I wonder if they really even understand what I mean. They continue to amaze me and make me laugh..I can only imagine the hard questions Layla's two older sisters are going to be asking there parents in the coming days and weeks. So I guess I am just very thankful for my life and family..

No comments:

Post a Comment